Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
16th January 2019
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones (Chair), B. John, K. Sims, N. Francis, T. Harris
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Apologies D. Stroud.
1. Quote for storage container and gates received, grant application to the Ffyon Oer Community Fund applied for.
2. Metal storage box for petrol cans to be purchased
Bowling green, Pavilion.
1. The kitchen in the pavilion is in need of refurbishment and it was agreed to apply to the Millennium Stadium Trust for grant funding
2. Awaiting prices for paving slabs around the green which are cracked or broken
3. Dumped material at the bottom end of the park now cleared. Further clearance of shrubs between the trees will be completed in due course.
4. A first aid box is required for the bowls pavilion
5. Lighting has been obtained for the bowling green from Clyne School, and will be installed shortly. The Bowling club has applied for a grant from Ffynon Oer for the cost of refurbishing the lighting and also a lawn sprayer for the green.
1. Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
2. The multi gym climbing frame has received 2 grant funds totalling £13,800 however this does not cover the whole cost and further funding needs to be found.
The full council has agreed to use some of their reserves to complete this project.
3. Railings have been damaged by footballs and will need to be replaced. A quote of £600 has been received.
4. A request for more litter bins in the park.
1 The carpets in the entire hall have been professionally cleaned and it was proposed that some felt type matting be purchased to protect the main hall carpet
2. The Dove Workshops will be using the hall for the next 6 week
3. The plaque for Redvers Davies will be installed in due course
- The defibrillators have been installed and arrangements will be made with Glynneath First Responders for training.
- A defibrillator will be installed Abergarwed in due course.
- Cllr A. Jones and N. Francis will be attending the Pen Y Cymoedd celebration event on the 5th February at Cwmdare Miners Social Club, Cynon Valley.