Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment Committee
16th May 2018
Present: Cllr’s K. Sims (Chair), B. John, T. Harris
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Appologies D. Stroud, A. Jones
- Mr Gareth Evans has been appointed as Relief park Keeper.
- As there are now several areas for the Park Keeper to cover it was agreed to set up a rolling programme to make sure all areas were covered – ongoing
Bowling green, Pavilion.
- There have been no applicants for the school beds
- Tai Tarian Community Challenge fund will be approached for a new kitchen in the Pavilion – No application process available at this time
- In order to maintain the hedges in house it was agreed to purchase a hedge cutter and staging in the new financial year, subject to full council approval.prices will be obtained.
- A quote for the new pathway at the John Street end of the bowling green, to accommodate the skip lorry has been received, and has been approved by the full council.
- Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
- The multi gym has now been removed and grants will be applied for to purchase a new piece of equipment
The benches at Ty Banc have been installed – awaiting plaque
The Parks development plan is in progress and will be presented to full council in due course. 2 new items will be added i.e. running track around the perimeter of the sports field and dutch barn
The next meeting will be 13th June 2018