Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment Committee 14th March 2018
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones Chair, B. John, T. Harris, K. Sims
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Appologies D. Stroud
1. The relief park keeper position has been agreed by the full council and the advert will go out in due course
2. As there are now several areas for the Park Keeper to cover it was agreed to set up a rolling programme to make sure all areas were covered.
Bowling green, Pavilion.
1. The school beds will not be required by the school therefore it was agreed to
offer the beds to the community, the advert will go out in due course
2. Tai Tarian Community Challenge fund will be approached for a new kitchen
in the Pavilion
3. In order to maintain the hedges in house it was agreed to purchase a
hedge cutter and staging in the new financial year, subject to full council approval
No issues at present.
1. Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
2. The multi gym has now been removed and grants will be applied for to
purchase a new piece of equipment
The benches at Ty Banc have been purchased, quotes to be obtained for the cost of removal, laying new bases and erecting the benches.
The parking situation in Cory Street was discussed whereby the length of the double yellow lines were causing problems for homeowners. Cllr Des Davies will be contacted re this matter.
The next meeting will be 11th April 2018