Minutes of the meeting Parks and Envirnment and Hall Committee
10th April 2019
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones (Chair), N. Francis, T. Harris, B. John, K. Sims
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
- The storage container has now been agreed and will be delivered in the Summer. Grant funding has been received for this project
- Metal storage box for petrol cans ordered
- A timeline has now been produced for all ongoing and future projects
- There are constant problems with dogs in the parks, new sins to be purchased to reinforce the prohibition.
- A proposal to ask for volunteers to paint the railings in the park and other railing around the village was put forward. The plan is to identify any railings in need of painting and if acceptable to paint them in order to brighten up the village.
The proposal was agreed in principle and will go to the full council
Bowling green, Pavilion.
- New kitchen in the pavilion started
- The paving slabs around the green postponed for time being
- Lighting has been obtained for the bowling green from Clyne School, and will be installed shortly. NPT to be contacted re planning permission.
- New lagging required for the pavilion roof.
- Window in the kitchen damaged to be replaced
- Microwave in the kitchen to be purchased
- Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
- The multi gym climbing frame has now been installed, thanks to NPT Minor Projects Scheme and Ffynon Oer Wind Farm.
- 3 railings have been damaged by footballs and will need to be replaced. – on order
- 4 new litter bins to be purchased in due course
Abergarwed Park – Awaiting Tai Tarian to visit area in June/July
1 large tree has fallen and damaged the fencing – 2 further trees to be taken down to prevent further damage.
- Felt matting to be sourced for the main hall. – ongoing
Cllr Sims talking to Glynneath Town Council re possible Christmas wrap lights being available