Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
12th February 2019
Present: Cllr’s A. Morgan (Chair), Mr A. Jones, Mr K. Sims, Ms K. Kulik
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Apologies: Mr G. Evans, Mr N. Francis, Mrs D. Stroud
- The MUGA needs power washing. It was agreed to purchase a power washer to facilitate this project.
- A suggestion to put memorial benches in the park – It was agreed to source a suitable bench as a memorial to Cllr Des Davies and install in the Spring- The Resolven Cyber and Resource Centre have advised they would like to fund this project. Examples of benches will be brought forward.
- The bottom area of the park is in need of clearing and this will be done in due course
- New lagging required for the pavilion roof to bring up to current regulations.
A grant will be sourced for this project. – ongoing
- Continual problems with football being played on the hardstanding in the small children’s section – A suggestion to remove part of the fencing in the MUGA to make it accessible and therefore alleviate the problem in the Children’s park – ongoing
- The refurbishment of the play equipment, has been completed
- An inspection form has been drawn up for regular inspections of the parks – this will be taken to the full council for approval
- The Telephone box in Abergarwed is now the responsibility of the Community Council and notices have been put inside. The proposal to purchase a defibrillator in the box was agreed and will be taken to the full council
- A horse has been again placed on the park and it has been agreed that a front gate be purchased to stop this happening. The top gates will also be locked.
No issues reported
- There were several problems with the Christmas lights after installation due to adverse weather conditions, and following removal some repair work will need to be carried out for this year
- Councillor training on the Code of Conduct has been completed
- The proposal to have regular litter picks in the village was discussed and it was agreed that members would make a start on Saturday 7th March 2020. It is hoped that this would become a regular item and other organisations and locals would also take part.
Proposals in order of priority for the next financial year
- De-Fibrillator for Abergarwed
- Revamp the MUGA – removal of fencing to allow access
- Zip Wire
- Cinder Track
- Exercise Equipment
Chairman……………………………………………… Date …………………………..