Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
13th March 2019
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones (Chair), N. Francis, T. Harris, B. John, K. Sims
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Apologies D. Stroud
- The storage container has now been agreed and will be delivered in the Summer. Grant funding has been received for this project
- Metal storage box for petrol cans to be purchased in due course
- A timeline has now been produced for all ongoing and future projects
- Congratulation to Bradley Roderick who has been chosen to Captain the Welsh Under 18’s Rugby Team. Well done Bradley.
Bowling green, Pavilion
- The application to Millennium Stadium Trust has been approved and the new kitchen in the pavilion will be installed in due course.
- Awaiting prices for paving slabs around the green which are cracked or brokento be completed in March
- Lighting has been obtained for the bowling green from Clyne School, and will be installed shortly.
- Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
- The multi gym climbing frame foundations have been laid awaiting completion.
- 3 railings have been damaged by footballs and will need to be replaced. A quote of £600 has been received and approved by the full council
- 4 new litter bins to be purchased in due course
Abergarwed Park – Awaiting Tai Tarian to visit area in June/July
- Felt matting to be sourced for the main hall.
- The Dove Workshops have booked a further 12 weeks for the Tuesday morning session
- The plaque for Redvers Davies has been received and will installed in due course
- The Logo competition entrants have been judged and the winner and runners up will be notified shortly.