Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment Committee
10th October 2018
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones (Chair), B. John, K. Sims, N. Francis.
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Appologies T. Harris, D. Stroud.
Prior to the meeting the members met with Carys Miles of NPTCVS to discuss the refusal of the Pen Y Cymoedd grant application and means of other funding.
- Quote to be obtained for 10ft storage container to store excess equipment in a secure environment.
Bowling green, Pavilion.
- The kitchen in the pavilion is in need of refurbishment and it was agreed to put forward this project in next year’s precept
- Awaiting prices for paving slabs around the green which are cracked or broken
- Quote to be obtained for clearing dumped materials at the bottom end of the park.
- Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
- The multi gym climbing frame has received 2 grant funds totalling £13,800 however this does not cover the whole cost and further funding needs to be found.
- The plaque for Abergarwed park will be installed in due course
- Councillor A. Jones will install the defibrillators. One will be placed on the Church Hall, 1 at the Rugby club and 1 in the park.
- Due to the long term unavailability of 2 Councillors it was agreed
to co-opt Cllr Neal Francis and Cllr R. Carpenter on to the Parks Committee. This will be taken to the full Council for approval.