Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment Committee
14th April 2018
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones Chair, B. John,
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Appologies D. Stroud, T. Harris, K. Sims
- There has been one applicant for the relief park keeper position who will be duly appointed at the next full council meeting on 3rd May 2018.
- As there are now several areas for the Park Keeper to cover it was agreed to set up a rolling programme to make sure all areas were covered – ongoing
Bowling green, Pavilion.
- The school beds will not be required by the school therefore it was agreed to offer the beds to the community, the advert has been placed on the notice boards,web site and facebook.
- Tai Tarian Community Challenge fund will be approached for a new kitchenin the Pavilion – still waiting
- In order to maintain the hedges in house it was agreed to purchase a hedge cutter and staging in the new financial year, subject to full council approvalprices will be obtained.
- A quote for the new pathway at the John Street end of the bowling green, to accommodate the skip lorry has been received, and will go to the full council for approval.
No issues at present.
- Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
- The multi gym has now been removed and grants will be applied for to purchase a new piece of equipment
The benches at Ty Banc will be installed as soon as possible – awaiting plaque
The Parks development plan is in progress and will be presented to full council in due course.