Appologies for the delay in uploading these minutes
Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
19th April 2023
Present: Cllr’s Mr P. Thomas, Mr R. Coulter, Mrs R. Parfitt
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Apologies: Mr P. Martin, Mr. K. Sims, Mr A. Jones.
1. New lagging required for the pavilion roof to bring up to current regulations.
A grant was sourced for this project but rejected. Further funding will be sourced
when possible. – ongoing
2. Toilets refurbishing in progress
3. The proposal that the Bowls Clubs obtain a liquor licence for the Pavilion was approved and is in process
4. The floodlights funded by the bowls clubs are also in progr
5. A request for the under 7’s junior rugby club to use the MUGA for training has been agreed by the full council and is ongoing
6. A request from the Bowls clubs to use the facilities of the green for several events during the season was agreed by the full council.
7. Access to the MUGA was discussed and will be brought to the next Parks committee meeting
8. The proposal for a youth pod in the park was also discussed and will be taken to the next Parks committee meeting.
1. The sit on mower is now repaired, and the push on mower has been purchased.
1.following an inspection of the trees in the children’s park they were found to be severely diseased and will need to be taken down.
1. The Resolven Rugby Club have requested use of the recreation field during their upcoming renovations, this has been agreed by the full council, providing it does not interfere with the current users.
A new bin is required for the park – NPT contacted to see if they can supply.
1. Shelving required in the Caretaker’s cupboard. – ongoi
2. The rate rise for the hall for £5 to £7.50 was agreed by the full council.
1. The issue of the notice boards in the hall and around the village was re-visited, and it was agreed to obtain a price to replace the John Street board. It was agreed to see if a grant was available for this project – ongoing
The Proposals will be added to the 5 year plan for Resolven Parks
- Zip Wire – quotes to be obtained
- Cinder Track – quotes to be obtained
- Revamp the MUGA – removal of fencing to allow access
- Youth Hubs – quotes to be obtained
- Notice boards
The next meeting TBA