Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
13th February 2019
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones (Chair), N. Francis, T. Harris
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Apologies D. Stroud. B. John, K. Sims.
- Quote for storage container and gates received, grant application to the Ffyon Oer Community Fund applied and approved. A possible 20ft container has become available and will be purchased in due course
- Metal storage box for petrol cans to be purchased in due course
Bowling green, Pavilion.
- The kitchen in the pavilion is in need of refurbishment and it was agreed to apply to the Millennium Stadium Trust for grant funding
- Awaiting prices for paving slabs around the green which are cracked or brokento be completed in March
- Further clearance of shrubs between the trees will be completed in due course.
- Lighting has been obtained for the bowling green from Clyne School, and will be installed shortly. The Bowling club has applied for a grant from Ffynon Oer for the cost of refurbishing the lighting and also a lawn sprayer for the green.
- Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
- The multi gym climbing frame foundations have been laid awaiting completion.
The full council has agreed to use some of their reserves to complete this project.
- 3 railings have been damaged by footballs and will need to be replaced. A quote of £600 has been received and approved by the full council
- 4 new litter bins to be purchased.
Abergarwed Park – Awaiting Tai Tarian to visit area in June/July
- Felt matting to be sourced for the main hall.
- The Dove Workshops have booked a further 6 weeks from 21/2/19 for an evening session of Living our Lives Well details on web site and face book.
- The plaque for Redvers Davies has been ordered an will installed in due course