Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
12th July 2023
Present: Cllr’s Mr N. Francis (Chair), Mr P. Thomas, Mrs R. Parfitt, Mr. N. Place,
Mrs. J. Llewellyn, Mr. T. Jones.
Minutes: C. Payne – ClerkApologies: Mr P. Martin, Mr. K. Sims, Mr A. Jones. Mr. R. Coulter
Members present were combined for a joint Parks and Finance Meeting
1. New lagging required for the pavilion roof to bring up to current regulations.
A grant was sourced for this project but rejected. Further funding will be sourcedwhen possible. – ongoing
2. Toilets refurbishing has been completed with thanks to grant support from
Pen Y Cymoedd and Ffynnon Oer Wind Farm Community Funds
3. Bowls Clubs obtain a liquor licence for the Pavilion was approved and is in place
4. The floodlights have been installed and the Bowls Clubs have requested a contribution. This is under discussion.
5. The under 7’s junior rugby club has been using the MUGA
6. The Bowls clubs are using the facilities for their many events
7.The proposal for a youth pod in the park has been agreed as the major project for this financial year and a suitable structure, and position is being discussed. Quotes will be obtained.
Preparations for the upgrade of the MUGA which will take 2/3 years to complete will be an ongoing item in the parks committee.
All maintenance is ongoing as required.
The diseased trees have now been taken down.
No issues raised.
NPT have provided a new bin in the park.
Shelving in the Caretaker’s cupboard. Has been installed.
The issue of the notice boards in the hall and around the village was re-visited, and it was agreed to obtain a price to replace the John Street board. It was agreed to see if a grant was available for this project – ongoing.
The Proposals will be added to the 5-year plan for Resolven Parks
- Zip Wire – quotes to be obtained
- Cinder Track – quotes to be obtained
- Revamp the MUGA – removal of fencing to allow access
- Youth Hubs – quotes to be obtained
- Notice boards