Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment Committee
18th June 2018
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones (Chair), B. John, T. Harris
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Appologies D. Stroud, K. Sims
- As there are now several areas for the Park Keeper to cover it was agreed to set up a rolling programme to make sure all areas were covered – ongoing
- The parks development plan to be updated as new projects come to fore.
Bowling green, Pavilion.
- Tai Tarian Community Challenge fund will no longer be providing new kitchens, but looking to improve open spaces. The council will approach with the view to,a running track around the sport field
- In order to maintain the hedges in house it was agreed to purchase a hedge cutter and staging. This will be done in due course
- A quote for the new pathway at the John Street end of the bowling green, to accommodate the skip lorry has been received, and has been approved by the full council. awaiting scalpings to start project.
- Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
- The multi gym has now been removed and grants will be applied for to purchase a new piece of equipment.
- The benches at Ty Banc have been installed – awaiting plaque
- It was agreed to review the park facilities in the coming year
- Concern was expressed about the lack of grass cutting by NPT in several areas around the village, along with the mess left behind after the refuse lorries have been around. NPT to be contacted.
The next meeting will be 11th July 2018