Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
11th March 2020
Present: Cllr’s A. Morgan (Chair), Mr A. Jones, Mr G. Evans, Mrs D. Stroud
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Apologies: Mr N. Francis, Mr K. Sims, Ms K. Kulik
- The power washer has been purchased.
- A suitable memorial bench for County Councillor Des Davies has been found, and will be passed to the Resolven Cyber and Resource Centre for approval and purchase.
- The bottom area of the park is in need of clearing and this will be done in due course – ongoing.
- The container has now been purchased and has had electricity installed, it will also be painted inside and out.
- A request for road markings to the disabled access to the gate at the bottom of the park in Vaughan Avenue. County Councillor D. Lewis has been approached.
- The project timeline has been updated.
- Following further discussion on the ‘Friends of Resolven and Abergarwed Parks’ project, it was agreed to delay this for the time being.
- New lagging required for the pavilion roof to bring up to current regulations. A grant will be sourced for this project. – ongoingSome of the benches around the bowling green are in need of repair and painting.In light of recent health events hot water units will be put in the changing rooms and toilets.The pavilion roof had some loose tiles which have been repaired.Hand sanitizers will be purchased for the changing rooms and toilets.
- An appointment has been made for 10.30am 25th March 2020 for a contractor to visit the MUGA
- The refurbishment of the play equipment has been completed.
- The informal inspection form has been approved by the full council .
3.The proposal to purchase a defibrillator in the telephone box in
Abergarwed was agreed and will be purchased in due course.
4. A new sign will be placed on the park warning that no dogs or
livestock are allowed in the park
No issues reported.
- A litter pick around the village was carried out on Saturday 10th march 2020
- The posts at the top of Lyons Place are in need of repainting to make them
more conspicuous, the suggestion of yellow was agreed.
Proposals in order of priority for the next financial year
- De-Fibrillator for Abergarwed
- Revamp the MUGA – removal of fencing to allow access
- Zip Wire
- Cinder Track
- Exercise Equipment