Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
9th May 2019
Present: Cllr’s A. Morgan (Chair), T. Harris, B. John
Appologies: Cllr K. Sims
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
- The storage container has now been agreed and will be delivered in the Summer. Grant funding has been received for this project
- Metal storage box for petrol cans ordered with Cimla Forge
- There are constant problems with dogs in the parks, new signs to be purchased to reinforce the prohibition. – ongoing
- The probation service will paint the railings around the park
- The MUGA is in need of power washing and will be considered at the next parks meeting.
Bowling green, Pavilion.
- New kitchen now installed
- The paving slabs have been purchased and will be placed in due course
- Lighting has been obtained for the bowling green from Clyne School, and will be installed in due course.
- New lagging required for the pavilion roof. To be checked.
- The damaged window in kitchen of the pavilion has been replaced with funds from a grant
- Microwave in the kitchen has been installed
- A request for the purchase of a concrete mixer – Following a lengthy discussion at the last council meeting regarding the proposed purchase, a conclusion was not reached. It was further proposed that the mixer be hired on a weekly basis to complete the programme of agreed works.
- 3 railings damaged by footballs and have been replaced
- new litter bins to be purchased in due course. It was agreed to purchase the bins at quarterly intervals to spread the cost.
Abergarwed Park – The refurbishment of the park is a high priority and will be an ongoing project this year.
- Felt matting to be sourced for the main hall. – Following further discussion it was agreed that this was no longer necessary
Cllr Sims talking to Glynneath Town Council re possible Christmas wrap lights being available – ongoing
Cllr Morgan will obtain paint for park keeper to paint the dram