Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment and Hall Committee
7th October 2020
Present: Cllr’s Mr N. Francis (Chair), Mr G. Evans, Ms Kamila Kulik, Mr K. Sims
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Apologies: Mr A. Jones, Mrs D. Stroud
- The Resolven Library has purchased the bench which will be installed in due course. It was agreed to site the bench in the sports field near the entrance to the bowling green, where spectators of the football gather. The family of Mr Des Davies will be invited to attend the placing of the bench.
- A request for road markings to the disabled access to the gate at the bottom of the park in Vaughan Avenue. County Councillor D. Lewis has advised this matter is ongoing
- The Butterfly garden will be placed in a suitable area in the bowling green . The garden will be installed on 23rd October 2020 at 10am.
- New lagging required for the pavilion roof to bring up to current regulations.
A grant was sourced for this project but rejected. Further funding will be sourced
- Some of the benches around the bowling green are in need of repair and painting. ongoing
- One of the spring items has snapped off and in need of repair- Contractor contacted and will repair in due course
- The gate at the park entrance needs to be widened to allow disabled access – Contractor contacted.
- Prices have been received for the disabled path and funding will sourced for the project
The defibrillator for Abergarwed has been purchased and will sited in the telephone box.
The childminders are not using hall due to current restrictions
No issues reported
Proposals in order of priority for the next financial year
- Disabled path in Children’s park
- Zip Wire – quotes to be obtained
- Cinder Track – quotes to be obtained
- Exercise Equipment
- Revamp the MUGA – removal of fencing to allow access