Minutes of the meeting Parks and Environment Committee 7th February 2018
Present: Cllr’s A. Jones Chair, B. John, D. Stroud, T. Harris
Minutes: C. Payne – Clerk
Appologies K. Sims
1. A Ffynon Oer grant has been applied for 1 new defibrillator and 3 boxes.
2. The relief park keeper position was discussed and will be taken to the full council
Bowling green, Pavilion.
1. The school beds will not be required by the school therefore it was agreed to
offer the beds to the community subject to full council approval.
2. Tai Tarian Community Challenge fund will be approached for a new kitchen
in the Pavilion
The field is now being marked on a regular basis by the football clubs.
1. Awaiting reply from the probation team re painting the new railings
2. A suggestion that all the spring items be moved to the toddlers area of the park
was discussed. It was agreed to leave this item for this financial year.
3. The multi gym has now been removed and grants will be applied for to
purchase a new piece of equipment
An offer to purchase the benches by the Ty Banc building along the canal has been received from the owners School Camp. It was agreed to recommend purchase to the full council and then move them to Abergarwed park.
Quotes to be obtained for the cost of removal, laying new bases and erecting the benches.
A suggestion was put to the members to ask the park Keeper if he would like to take on the post of Caretaker/Cleaner of the community centre. This will be discussed in the full council.
The next meeting will be 7th March 2018