The Monthly Meeting of the Council was held on Thursday 7th September 2017 at 6.15pm in the Community Centre.
Mr T. Jones – Chairman/Cadeirydd
Mr A. Morgan, Mr D. Richards, Mr I. Ace, Mr N. Francis, Mr K. Sims, Mrs B. John, Mrs D. Stroud, A. Jones, Mr R. Davies
County Member/Aelod o’r Cyngor Sir Clerk/Clerc
Mrs C. Payne
77/17 Apologies for Absence/Ymddiheuriadau am absenoldeb
Mr T. Harris, County Cllr D. Davies
The Chairman started the meeting by welcoming back Cllrs A. Jones and R.Davies following their recent illnesses.
78/17 Declaration of Interest/Datganiad o ddiddordeb personol
Councillor K Sims declared an interest regarding the Carnival Committee..
79/17 Minutes of the previous Meeting/Cofnodion y Cyfarfod Diwethaf
The Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 6th July 2017 were accepted as a true record.
80/17 County Councillors Report and Matters Arising
- i) The dog bin sited at the memorial dram will be moved to a more suitable place
- ii) No reply received to date regarding the Japanese knotweed in John St. It was agreed to write to NPT Environmental to ask if they have a county-wide policy on this ever spreading problem
16/1 Underpass at Abergarwed
Work should begin shortly to clear the river bed though subsequent correspondence noted that vehicular access was difficult owing to the loss of the farm track since the A465 was completed
81/17 Clerk’s report and Council Matters Arising/Materion yn codi o’r cofnodion
ac adroddiad y Clerc.
The Clerk’s report was presented to members.
69/17 A letter was sent to the complainant and the matter is now resolved
82/17 Multi gym unit in park
This item has been referred to the Parks committee
83/17 Christmas lights/banner installation
Due to NPT no longer installing Christmas lights several companies have been contacted only one response from a company called Centregreat who subsequently supplied a quote for the project. It was agreed to contact other councils to see who they will be using in an effort to reduce costs.
84/17 External audit report
The external auditor BDO have issued a qualifying report due to the fact that although training had been received and verbal acceptance agreed, the formal acceptance of the Code of Conduct had not been noted formally in the Council minutes . This was addressed at the annual meeting which brings us into compliance of regulations
85/17 Correspondence Received
- Letters from 2 residents at Vaughan Avenue re football – reply letters will be sent
- Email from resident in John Street re Japanese knotweed – passed to Cllr Des Davies
- NPT re dog fouling and ‘protected spaces’ – The council had written to NPT to request
- a ‘protected space for the park and sports field.
- NRW re forest operations in Rheola
- NPT traffic order for Cory and Company Street
- OVW Area committee meeting
- NPT digital survey
- WG white paper “Services fit for the future”
- Carnival committee – A request to place a container in park to store carnival equipment. This was agreed in principle and passed to the parks’ committee for further discussion
86/17 Sub-Committee Reports
The minutes of the finance meeting were presented and accepted as a true record.
The next meeting will be on 21st Sept. at 6pm
The minutes of the parks meeting were presented and accepted as a true record
The next meeting will be on 12th Sept. at 6.15pm
The next meeting will be on 21st Sept. at 5.30pm
87/17 Patient Participation Group
The Chairman attended the meeting and advised that the work is scheduled to begin at the new Health facility in the spring of 2018 following the fine tuning of planning issues.
It was also reported that the flu jab drop in will be held in the Church hall on Tuesday October 10th between 9.15am to 4.45pm.
It was also reported that the My Health Online website was available to patients. Two appointment slots were available for online booking. So far only 600 of the 9,500 patients were availing themselves of this facility.
88/17 Chairman’s Report.
The Chairman was pleased to give out the prizes for the hanging baskets and would like to thank all those who entered the competition.
Cllr Jones also attended the funeral of the Mayor of Neath Cllr J. Dudley and sends condolences to all her family.
The next meeting will be held on 5th October 2017 at 6.15pm at the Community Centre